Please be assured that we have introduced a number of measures to keep our patients and staff safe.
- All Patients have a Covid-19 risk assessment before visiting the practice
- All staff have had further extensive training and are regularly risk assessed
- Patients are asked to wait in the car until there appointment and required to wear masks
- We have separate entrances and exits
- Extended appointments to allow for even more rigorous cleaning in surgeries
- Enhanced cleaning regimes throughout the practice
- Air purifiers installed in each surgery and surgeries are regularly ‘fogged’
- Contactless payments and form completion
The ‘new normal’ will be somewhat different
Prior to booking your appointment
- We will call you and ask you a few questions about how you feel and if your family members have been well and discuss your dental concerns.
- Contactless journey: social distancing is still vital so we will help you with appointments, consents, and financial matters from the comfort of your home.
- Virtual Consultations: we are developing new patient video consultations so that we can address your concerns and questions without the need to visit the practice.
Unfortunately, you will no longer be able to sit and relax on our comfortable sofas reading the daily newspaper and magazines and the patient bathroom can only be used in dire straits!
Arrival and departure procedures
- On arrival, we will ask you to telephone the practice and wait in your car until you are called in. (Please advise us if you are coming by public transport or on foot).
- Please leave personal belongings, such as coats, bags (and escorts!) in your car. (If you are travelling by public transport or on foot then you can bring your belongings into the surgery).
- When our receptionist calls you in, you will be asked to use the hand-sanitiser provided, your temperature taken and then directed straight to the surgery.
- When your procedure is finished, you will be asked to use hand-sanitiser and leave by the front door.
- Don’t worry if you need to book another appointment; we will call you.
Protective Equipment & Safety Measures we’re taking
We have invested in modern clean air technology in every surgery – this will ensure there is clean and purified air in our practice. The machines will remove 99.99% of respiratory viruses including Coronavirus. (www.Radic8.com)
We have purchased suitable masks, gowns, visors, goggles, hats, shoe covers, hand washing soaps and sanitizers. Your dentist, hygienist and nurse will be well prepared for your dental treatment.
We will spend longer cleaning the treatment rooms between patients and we have invested in a ‘fogger’ which helps in the elimination of hidden droplets and aerosols. Both this and all the surface disinfectants are effective against Coronavirus and it is environmentally safe.
This is a sheet of rubber that can isolate a tooth or group of teeth and we will use this whenever possible. In this way there will be minimal aerosol generation during dental procedures. This will make treatment safer and more comfortable for you.