Many of our patients are members of dental insurance schemes, which allows them to budget for, and in some cases reduce, the costs of their dental care. There are 2 main types of Dental Insurance available:
- Denplan Maintenance Schemes
- Dental Insurance Schemes
Denplan Maintenance Schemes
- Denplan Care: This provides comprehensive cover of the majority of necessary dental treatment, including examinations, radiographs, hygienist visits and fillings as well as discounts for more complex treatment, such as crowns, bridges and root canal treatment. The patient pays a monthly fee, which is based upon the number of existing fillings, root canals and crowns etc… as well as the condition of the gums and supporting bone. Prices start from £25.17 per month. (See price scale for further information)
- Denplan Essentials: This provides cover for routine examinations, radiographs and hygienist visits as well as a 10% discount off necessary treatment. This scheme is more suited to individuals who are less likely to require dental treatment. Prices start from £20.60 per month.
- Plans for Children: This is for children under 18 years and provides cover for routine examinations, hygienist visits as well as 50% discount off necessary treatment. Prices start from £8.85.
- Plans for Students: This is for students between 18 and 24 years and provides cover for routine examinations, hygienist visits as well as 20% discount off necessary treatment. Prices start from £16.58.
All of the Denplan schemes include worldwide accident and emergency insurance.
- If you wish to register Denplan, you will need to have an examination and any necessary treatment before joining.
- If you are already a Denplan member and transferring from another practice, you will need to complete any outstanding treatment with your previous dentist and receive a Denplan leaving form. This provides us with vital information regarding your dental health. There may be a charge for your first visit.
- If you are a Denplan patient registered elsewhere and wish to be seen as an emergency at our practice, you will need your Denplan membership card and details so we can complete the relevant paperwork.
To find out more visit www.denplan.co.uk
Dental Insurance Schemes
There are a number of dental insurance schemes available, such as Simply Health, Denplan Corporate, Cigna and Bupa, where an individual or employer pays a monthly fee to the insurance company and then the patient claims back from them all, or part of, the costs of their dental treatment. Just search for ‘dental insurance schemes’ in your web browser or ask your employer to find out what is available.